Are you getting excited about your upcoming kitchen
remodel!? Of course you should be. After-all, you’ve been dealing with those
outdated countertops and cramped kitchen cabinets long enough. Though it can be
easy to get carried away with it all, there are some important things to
remember before you take the plunge and hire a kitchen contractor—especially in Houston.
Are you getting excited about your upcoming kitchen remodel!? Of course you should be. After-all, you’ve been dealing with those outdated countertops and cramped kitchen cabinets long enough. Though it can be easy to get carried away with it all, there are some important things to remember before you take the plunge and hire a kitchen contractor—especially in Houston.
Not every Houston home remodeling company delivers the quality products and service you need, so it is crucial that you protect yourself. To avoid costly and heart-breaking mistakes when kitchen remodeling, keep these do’s and don’ts in mind.
Kitchen Remodeling Do’s
When planning your kitchen remodel, it might be hard to know where to start. Once you’re in the thick of it all, it can also be easy to forget some very important details. Here are some steps you do not want to miss:
· Research your options. Not only do you want to investigate to find the right kitchen contractor, you should first have a solid idea of the remodeling you want done. For this task, Pinterest can be a strong ally! Look for designs that meet you style and functionality needs and sort according to priority.
· Consider your kitchen’s purpose. How is your kitchen most often used? Do you frequently gather with loved ones and entertain? Do you like to cook very often? Do you have a large family including small children? Considering these details will affect your layout, the appliances you choose, and the kinds of kitchen surfaces you want.
· Maximize your space. No one likes to deal with a cramped or difficult-to-use kitchen. Perhaps you need more storage space, or maybe the over-all kitchen layout could be more efficient. A qualified kitchen contractor knows how to design a fully-functional space you will love!
· Create a reasonable budget. Before you start looking at those expensive fixtures and flooring options, create a solid budget—and stick to it! You should allow a 10% wiggle-room for unforeseen expenses, just to be safe.
Kitchen Remodeling Dont’s
Following the above do’s is a great start towards getting the kitchen of your dreams, but there are still some hazards you want to avoid. You should never:
· Sacrifices quality. When considering the cost of your remodel, cutting quality is not a good way to save a few dollars. You always end up paying in the long run when you go with flimsy products or under-qualified service. Choose a remodeler that will work within your budget without cutting corners.
· Forget the technical details. Things like electrical outlets, lighting, and even appliances are often over-looked when planning your new kitchen. Make sure to pay attention to the little details to avoid undesirable results.
· Get too carried away. When planning the kitchen of your dreams, make sure you do not price your remodel above the homes in your area. Not only could this lead to more debt than you want, you might find that you home is hard to sell in the future if you go overboard.
· Settle for poor service. A quality kitchen remodeling experience is very important. After-all, you don’t want just anyone in your home. Make sure you choose a reliable kitchen contractor with a reputation for efficient, mess-free, and customer-focused service!
When you need a Houston home remodeling company that will bring your dream kitchen to life while doing everything you should—and nothing you should not—go with DWR Construction: the kitchen remodeling experts who always Do What’s Right!