As a homeowner, it’s normal to want to upgrade your home with home remodeling projects. However, many homeowners are afraid of a pricey and lengthy renovation process that wreaks havoc on their budget and patience. For some, the benefits of remodeling (like increased home value, functionality, and comfort) just don’t seem to outweigh the costs.
Fortunately, there are many home remodeling projects that aren’t time-consuming, expensive, or stressful, and can add significant value to your home without the hassle of a traditional renovation. In particular, one great idea is to add a patio enclosure to maximize your living space and enhance your home value—without spending a fortune in remodeling costs or undergoing months of renovation headaches.
At DWR Construction, we’ve been helping homeowners transform their exterior and interiors with beautiful patio enclosures. If you’ve been looking for a way to enhance your home with a beautiful patio enclosure, take a look at some of the benefits of this home addition and some of our favorite ideas for personalizing your new space.
Benefits of Custom Patio Enclosures
Installing custom-made patio enclosures is a practical way to boost the appeal and functionality of your outdoor space. Below are the different pros of getting a patio enclosure for your home.
· You’ll get an additional enclosed space and use it in whatever way you want—for relaxation, exercise, entertainment, etc.
· You’ll have more privacy while still enjoying natural light and the outdoor view.
· Your family will be safe from mosquitoes, bees, and insects that sting.
· A custom-made patio enclosure can be designed according to your personal preferences. Therefore, you will have a better-looking home exterior that has a personal touch.
· Custom patio enclosures can increase the overall value of your property and make it more appealing to buyers in case you want to sell it.
Creating Your Custom Patio Enclosure: Types of Sunrooms
Patio enclosures come in a variety of styles and types and can be customized to suit your preferences and your budget. If you’re thinking of adding a patio enclosure to your home, here are some of our favorite ways to install one.
· Screen Room: As the name suggests, this type of patio enclosure involves a screen frame and rolling screen panels that will allow you to enjoy the beauty of your outdoors, the natural light, and cool outdoor breeze while keeping mosquitoes and insects at bay.
Three Season Room: This type of patio enclosure lets you enjoy
your outdoor space from spring to fall. You can choose between single-pane or
double-pane glass, and use a portable heater or a ceiling fan because it is not
designed to be climate-controlled.
· Four Season Room: You can enjoy this type of weather-resistant patio enclosure throughout the year because of its insulated glass windows and door rolling panels.
· Solarium: You can transform your open patio into a solarium by installing top-to-bottom glass walls and ceiling. When you choose this type, you will be able to fully enjoy natural light and go star gazing at night.
Customization Tips for Your Patio Enclosure
Choosing the right patio enclosure type for your needs and your budget is the first step to your home renovation. Once your construction plans are set, however, it’s time to begin personalizing your space with the following ideas.
· Outdoorsy Furniture Theme: It is not recommended to bring out your old sofa from the basement to place on your newly built outdoor space. As a space that encourages spending time in nature, decorating your patio enclosure with furniture that reflects this purpose makes sense. Instead, furnish your revamped patio with furniture made with natural materials and decorate the space with elements that blend with nature such as fresh flowers. You can also place wind chimes, a bird feeder, or even a fountain to achieve a great outdoor space.
· Flooring Choices: Choose the most suitable type of flooring for your patio enclosure depending on the look that you are trying to achieve. However, more than the appearance, you should also be mindful of the functionality, as well as your budget and time constraints. For instance, insulated flooring is perfect for a four season room, but simple concrete flooring may be sufficient if you want the project to be completed fast.
· Window Treatments: Install vertical blinds or a solar shading system to enhance the comfort of your patio. On particularly sunny days, solar protection will be quite important, so make sure to speak with a design consultant to choose the best materials and products to cover your home’s window areas—especially in your enclosed patio area.