If your current home in The Woodlands has insufficient space for your needs, creating more space with brand-new room additions can be the answer you’re looking for. This type of home remodeling project can be a simple and effective way to maximize your square footage while adding significant value, comfort, and beauty to your investment.
At DWR Construction, our company has provided high-quality, superior home building services to customers in the Woodlands and throughout Texas. In this article, we’re going over everything you need to know about adding another room to your property, and how this renovation project can help you enjoy your home more while increasing its functionality, comfort, and overall value.
Types of Custom Room Additions
When you hire a professional home remodeling company like DWR Construction to build a room addition on your property, you’ll begin by working with an experienced design consultant to decide on the exterior and interior design of your new space. In addition, an expert contractor will help you determine the architectural needs for the new construction, as well as the ideal area and potential costs for the extra addition in an in-home, free pricing estimate.
Of course, the feature of your new room will depend on the type of addition you’re hoping to add, as well your needs, preferences, and budget. Below are some of the most popular types of room additions requested by our customers at DWR Construction:
· Additional or Guest bedroom: If you’ve recently added a new member to the family or are welcoming a guest to stay in your home for an extended amount of time, an additional bedroom could be a great way to expand your home to accommodate more people.
· Home Office: A home office gives you a space in your home that is conducive for work, and is a wonderful way to enhance your home value.
· Dining Room Addition or Expansion: If your dining room needs more space, or you’re thinking about building a new one, an addition can dramatically improve the way you dine, entertain, or spend time with friends and family over the holidays and special occasions.
· Entertainment Area: An entertainment area is a wonderful feature for any home, and can be filled with games, an extra-large television set, and other forms of entertainment. Most customers prefer to have their entertainment areas set apart from high-traffic areas of the home for ultimate privacy, noise considerations, and other concerns.
· Gym: A home gym is an excellent addition to any home, that will encourage better health and living while enhancing your investment.
Benefits of Room Additions
Adding a room to your home is an opportunity to enhance your home investment while increasing its comfort with maximized space. This is probably the first and most important benefit of adding a room to your home, and the reason why most homeowners choose to go this route.
A room addition can also be a great way for some homeowners to bring in an extra income. Building an additional room (or even a small studio apartment with separate entry) can mean additional monthly income if you decide to rent out space to college students, a friend, or a family member.
Another reason for building a new addition to your home is that it can be much more practical and cost-effective than moving. Those that love their homes and are simply in need of more space can save time, money, and hassle by adding onto it and having your home grow with you instead of giving up on it altogether.